When reading recipes, certain ingredients always signal yumminess. Sweetened condensed milk is one of them. The removal of water, and the addition of sugar, could not result in anything less than a super yum. Am I right?
Sugar tastes good. Water doesn't really have a taste. Well, in theory, it is tasteless. If you visit me, and I want to insure a short stay, a glass of our tap water, will have you running for the door.
My large plops of chocolate didn't make for a gorgeous presentation, nor did the napkin, and poor lighting, but the combination of raspberry, and chocolate, more than makes up for that. Use your imagination, and taste the gooey delight of these confections. Come on people..raspberry, chocolate, and coconut! Need I say more?
Raspberry Coconut Bars
- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-2/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with
- coconut; drizzle with sweetened condensed milk.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over walnuts.
- Cut into bars. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- or until chocolate is set. Yield: 3 dozen.
- Linking to some of these great sites: LoveFeast Table