The pumpkin adds flavor, and vitamins, as well as a lovely, creamy texture to this chili.
I served it with Rosemary Corn Muffins, for a wonderful autumn meal.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15.25 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1 can (15 oz) whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add
onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7
minutes or until tender. Add turkey; cook until browned. Drain.
Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
Even better the second day with
cheese, and plain yogurt on top!
Linking to some of these great sites: